CELEBRATING LOUISIANE ARTIST CALL
a traveling exhibition embodying the culture, life & lagniappe of Louisiana, sponsored by the Louisiana Art and Folk Festival in cooperation with the Northeast Louisiana Arts Council
Contact Email: email@example.com
Call Type: Exhibitions
Entry Deadline: 9/24/21
Theme: The culture, life & lagniappe of Louisiana.
Exhibition Dates: October 2021 thru November 2022
Entry Fee: Free
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Please register yourself and submit your work via the form below.
2. Entry must be submitted and/or postmarked no later than September 24th. Absolutely no late entries will be accepted.
3. Artists may enter one 2 or 3 dimensional media OR one of each. Please submit a photograph of each work entered.
4. Original work only, conceived and executed by the artist. Copies will absolutely not be selected as part of the exhibit.
5. The artist must be a resident of Louisiana.
6. Pieces must be no larger than 3'x5', framing included.
IF SELECTED FOR EXHIBIT:
1. All 2 dimensional work must be appropriately finished, suitable for hanging or display (e.g., properly wired, no small sawtooth hangers, framed/finished canvas edges, etc.) All 3 dimensional work must have a flat surface to sit or appropriate fixtures to hang. Work not meeting requirements will be refused.
2. All 3 dimensional work must come in it’s own secure container/packing for transport.
3. All works must be clearly labeled on back or bottom.
4. The Northeast Louisiana Arts Council and the Louisiana Art and Folk Festival will not handle sales, but every effort will be made to put potential buyers in contact with artists.
5. Although the utmost precaution will be taken to protect works, the Northeast Louisiana Arts Council and the Louisiana Art and Folk Festival are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged work. Artists may wish to personally insure their own work. Submission of work and your signature on the required waiver of liability form indicates acceptance of all conditions and waiver of liability.
6. Exhibition will be one year in length, from October 2021 through November 2022, at which point artist can pick their works up or works can be donated to The Schepis Museum for their permanent collection OR to the Northeast Louisiana Arts Council for future auction.
AWARDS: A total of $1,550 will be awarded. 1st Place $750.00; 2nd Place $500.00; 3rd Place $300.00.
PLEASE NOTE: Submission of work does not constitute a place in the exhibition or the traveling exhibition. Sole and final judgment for inclusion is retained by the panel. Entry requirements will be enforced, so please let us clarify any questions or concerns you may have.
ACCEPTABLE MEDIUMS: Acrylic, Airbrush, Charcoal, Collage, Digital Art, Drawing, Engraving, Fiber Arts, Film/Video, Glassblowing, Graphite, Illustration, Leatherwork, Metalwork, Mixed Media, New Media, Oil, Pastel, Pen and Ink, Pottery/Ceramics, Printmaking, Sculpture, Photography, Textiles, Watercolor, Weaving, Woodworking.
This exhibition is open to all Louisiana artists.