A traveling exhibition embodying the culture, life & lagniappe of Louisiana, sponsored by the Louisiana Art and Folk Festival in cooperation with the Northeast Louisiana Arts Council.
Celebrating Louisiane Exhibition Winners Announced
The Louisiana Art and Folk Festival, in cooperation with the Northeast Louisiana Arts Council, is pleased to announce the winners of Celebrating Louisiane, a juried art competition and exhibition open to all Louisiana artists. Celebrating Louisiane is traveling exhibition embodying the culture, life & lagniappe of Louisiana.
Entries were judged by a panel of professionals as well as Louisiana Art and Folk Festival board members. Cash awards were given to the artwork that placed in the categories of First ($750), Second ($500) and Third ($300) place.
All entries will be exhibited at various locations across Region 8 throughout the next year.
First Place: Jason Byron Nelson, “Deer OPS 1”, deer illustration on white acrylic over distressed wallpaper on wood
Second Place: Melanie Douthit, “Mardi Gras Madness”, lady with Mardi Gras mask abstract acrylic on canvas
Third Place: Betsy Levels, “Father and Daughter Fishing”, acrylic on canvas sunset painting depicting a father and daughter fishing
- December + January @ Lincoln Parish Library - Ruston, Louisiana
- February + March @ The Snyder Museum - Bastrop, Louisiana
- April + May @ Union Museum of History and Art - Farmerville, Louisiana
- June + July @ The Byerley House - Lake Providence, Louisiana
- August + September @ NEW GALLERY To Be Announced - West Monroe, Louisiana
- October + November @ West Monroe West Ouachita Chamber of Commerce - West Monroe, Louisiana